Superintendent Evaluation Workshop
VSBA Superintendent Evaluation Workshop
February 22, 2018
Superintendent Evaluation: Developing a Model to Meet New VDOE Guidelines.
- What are the requirements?
- What is the difference between standards and indicators, and how will they be measured?
- Who establishes the cut scores for performance ratings?
- What types of student achievement goals can be used and how will they be rated?
- What level of goal achievement is required for a proficient rating?
- Are you prepared to use the revised evaluation model to evaluate your superintendent?
The Guidelines for Uniform Performance Standards and Evaluation Criteria for Superintendents developed by the Virginia Department of Education provide a wealth of information regarding the new requirements. Filtering through this document to determine what is required and what is optional requires focused attention. For some, the changes to their current evaluation model may be minor, while others face major revisions in order to be in compliance with the regulations. This workshop is designed to provide small group support to superintendents and board members responsible for updating their evaluation model. Participants will have the opportunity to review the guidelines in detail and then use them as they draft their own models. Individual consultation and support will be provided throughout the session as participants work on their revisions.
Registration information will be available soon.
For information, contact Brianna Hundley, coordinator of special projects, at firstname.lastname@example.org.