The Virginia School Boards Association is proud to be part of 20 state school boards associations from around the country that bring the value and power of the BuyBoard National Purchasing Cooperative to its members. BuyBoard is a national purchasing cooperative designed to help meet your procurement requirements, streamline the purchasing process and help its members make confident buying decisions.
The National Purchasing Cooperative streamlines the buying process for schools, municipalities, and other public entities. BuyBoard gives members the advantage of leveraging the Cooperative’s ability to obtain bulk discounts, combined with the ease of online, web-based shopping. It helps save time and money while purchasing the products school systems use every day. Would you like to save time and money?
Through this program, we offer:
- Complimentary Membership – Free to join
- Power in numbers — By combining the purchasing power of cooperative members, BuyBoard participants can leverage better pricing from vendors they may already use. The program also helps reduce administrative and resource time.
- Purchase with Confidence — BuyBoard features many well-known vendors on its product list. You will recognize many well-known brand names on our product list. The cooperative analyzes and makes award recommendations for products and services that have been submitted for competitive procurement. All awarded products and services are posted on BuyBoard’s secure website. BuyBoard is available only to members.
- Save Time — Contracts on BuyBoard have already undergone a competitive procurement process, which saves your district time and the cost of bid preparation. A unique feature of BuyBoard is the Request for Quote (RFQ) function, an electronic request that permits your district to select numerous vendors when submitting requests.
- Compliance and Transparency – Contracts and vendors awarded through BuyBoard have been competitively procured, to assist members with compliance with local and state procurement requirements and a documented audit trail. Transparency in the procurement process is treated with a high degree of focus and is of paramount importance.
- Support of Public Education and Local Governments – BuyBoard was created to support and serve public schools, municipalities, counties, and all types of local government agencies and nonprofits. Purchasing through the BuyBoard means VSBA receives additional funding support for their advocacy efforts.
The National Purchasing Cooperative is governed by a nine-member board, with seven members representing various facets of school district leadership and staff, and state school boards associations. The board’s main function is to govern the Cooperative and award all contracts directly. Who better to understand the day-to-day purchasing needs of school districts than a program formed with school districts in mind?
Visit us at www.buyboard.com for more information.
- The New and Improved BuyBoard Website Webinar – Date TBD
David Ricketts, BuyBoard National Director
email@example.com | 913-424-5758