Among the most important decisions that a school board makes is the selection of the superintendent. The VSBA provides thorough and professional services throughout the search process, all at a cost that is considerably less than that of private consultants. The goal is to promote a match that makes for an effective policy-making team. From advertising to screening to consultation, the VSBA helps to ensure that this vitally important decision is a sound one.
- The VSBA has been conducting superintendent searches for more than 40 years.
- The VSBA has completed searches in urban, suburban, and rural divisions all across Virginia.
- The VSBA is part of the National Affiliation of Superintendent Searchers (NASS), the most experienced network of search professionals in the country.
- The VSBA has extensive knowledge of state laws affecting all aspects of the hiring process.
- Being a statewide association of school boards, the VSBA understands best practices in school division leadership, and uses proven strategies to develop productive board/superintendent relations.
- As your association, the VSBA has a vested interest in assisting your division with finding the best possible superintendent for your community.
- The VSBA offers contract legal review, public relation support, and board governance training at no additional charge to divisions using VSBA’s superintendent search services.
- The VSBA does not select the superintendent for the division. All decisions are made by the school board, and all actions taken by VSBA are at the direction of the board.
Please click here to download an overview flier. If you are a board member interested in more detail on the superintendent search process, please contact Gina G. Patterson, executive director, at email@example.com or 434-295-8722.
“The VSBA Superintendent search service is a valuable and unmatched resource. They worked diligently with our board to help navigate us through the process of finding a leader who was a perfect fit for our school division n. Their search process was straightforward, and their consultants were highly professional and knowledgeable. Our outcome was positive, and we are grateful for our new superintendent. I wholeheartedly recommend VSBA Superintendent’s Search Services. – Denise Tynes, Isle of Wight County School Board
“There is no more important decision for a Board than to hire a new Superintendent. The best decision they can make is to use the VSBA search services. The process is seamless for Board members. From the stakeholder survey to the application process and beyond, their comprehensive knowledge and experience are irreplaceable. We found the right fit for our school division. We couldn’t be more pleased with VSBA’s search services.” – Karen W. Hise, Bath County School Board
“Hiring a new Superintendent can be a transformational process for the school division. The best decision they can make is to use the VSBA search services to get the job done. The staff makes the process clear and concise for Board members. Their extensive knowledge and experience provided us with an invaluable hiring resource. In the end, we found the right person for the job, and couldn’t be more satisfied!” – Sherrie Page, Orange County School Board